James McEwen - Senior solicitor
James is a senior solicitor in the Commercial Property Team, whose experience covers a broad spectrum of commercial property matters.
James regularly acts in property sale and acquisition matters for developers and property investment clients and has a particular specialism in landlord and tenant work. He also acts for banks and other lenders seeking to take security over commercial property.
James’ experience includes:
- Acting for an international food retailer in the acquisition of sites for development as supermarkets.
- Development work, including site assembly. Advising on related issues arising from conditional contracts, option agreements and pre-emption rights.
- The purchase and sale of investment property.
- Advising on commercial landlord and tenant matters in relation to a diverse range of properties, from local corner shops to multi let commercial units and trading estates.
- Managing property portfolios on behalf of investor clients.
- Commercial mortgages.
- The sale, purchase and letting of licensed premises.
- Providing property support to commercial matters, such as share purchase transactions.
- Advising on the property aspects of academy conversions.