Probate and Estate Administration
Trust Newtons to guide you through what can be a complex and lengthy procedure.
The administration of a person’s estate can be complex, time consuming and often emotional. Our highly experienced team fully understand the issues and demands of estate administration.
We will work hard to make the process as straightforward as possible for you.
Executors appointed by the deceased’s Will are responsible for the administration of the estate, which involves:
- Submitting an Inheritance Tax Return (now required on all estates)
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate
- Gathering in the deceased’s assets
- Paying any debts and liabilities
- Paying the legacies as set out in the Will
- Setting up and dealing with the administration of any trusts set up under the deceased’s Will
- Obtaining tax clearance
- Distribution of Residue
Our experienced team helps to relieve the burden of administering an estate at a difficult time; handling all aspects of the estate, from dealing with the courts and tax offices, through to finalisation and distribution.
Our residential property team will guide you through the complexities of transferring ownership of property following a death particularly if:
- If you have inherited your family home
- Are acting as a personal representative
- If you are a beneficiary and wish to keep a property gifted to you, or if it needs to be sold
Our wills, probate and trusts team is here to help.
Please call us to find out how we can help. We can talk on the phone or arrange a meeting where we can discuss your options and give you a clear idea of timeframes and costs.
Alternatively, please contact us online and we’ll call you back when it’s convenient for you.