Complaints about our service
At Newtons, we want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we are providing or have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to work with you and resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case, or their supervisor, to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. Details of your fee earner’s supervisor can be found in your terms of engagement which will have been sent to you at the start of your matter. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please read our full complaints policy and procedure for guidance. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
what do to if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint; and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint. Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk Email: email@example.com Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
- Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
- If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.