Conveyancing costs indicator.
Here you will find our costs for helping you with your property transaction.
Sale and purchase of a residential property
The information provided below is a guide to approximate costs and timescales involved in the conveyancing process. We would always advise you to contact the office and speak to a member of our team to obtain a more detailed costs estimate and timescale tailored to your individual circumstances.
In addition to our costs disbursements will be payable. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Stamp Duty or Land Tax (only on purchase)
The amount of stamp duty or land tax payable depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC’s website or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority’s website here.
How long will my conveyance take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move in to your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8 to 12 weeks. The purchase of properties with more complex titles e.g. leasehold or unregistered properties will take, on average, a further 4 weeks longer and additional costs will be charged. We will advise you as to timescales as your matter progresses.
Stages of the process for the conveyance of a freehold or leasehold property
The precise stages involved in the sale and purchase of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. We have listed below some of the keys stages involved in the sale and purchase of a freehold and leasehold property.
General stages of a conveyance
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Draft/negotiate/advise on contract documents
- Give you advice on all documents
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Complete purchase
Specific work relating to a purchase
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender’s solicitors if needed
- Carry out searches
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller’s solicitor
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Report to you and your mortgage lender
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Specific work relating to a sale
- Respond to enquiries raised by buyer’s solicitor
- Receive purchase funds from buyer’s solicitor and repay mortgage
- Distribute sale proceeds to you
Additional work for purchase of a leasehold property
- Raise specific leasehold enquiries with landlord/management company
- Report to you and your mortgage lender on the terms of the lease
- Advise on service charges and arrange for signing of additional deeds of covenant where applicable
- Service of completion notices in accordance with lease
Specific work for a re-mortgage
- Undertake searches in accordance with new lender’s instructions
- Review title and report to new lender
- Arrange payment of funds from new lender and repayment of existing mortgage
- Register new charge at the Land Registry
|Price range||Our Fees||VAT @ 20%||TT Fee||OCE (x2 if LH)||Total|
|Up to £100k||£450||£90||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£576|
|£100 to £150k||£500||£100||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£636|
|£150 to £200k||£525||£105||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£666|
|£200 to £250k||£550||£110||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£696|
|£250 to £300k||£625||£125||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£786|
|£300 to £350k||£625||£125||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£786|
|£350 to £400K||£700||£140||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£876|
|£400 to £450K||£700||£140||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£876|
|£450K to £500K||£700||£140||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||£876|
|For sales over £500K please call for a quote||£30 (inc VAT)||£6||Variable|
|Price Range||Our Fees||VAT @ 20%||Search Fees (approx.)||Land Registry||TT Fee||OS1 & K16||Lawyer Checker||Total|
|Up to £75k||£475||£95||£250||£20||£30||£7||£12 inc VAT)||£889|
|Up to £90K||£525||£105||£250||£40||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||£969|
|Up to £150K||£575||£115||£250||£95||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||£1,084|
|up to £200K||£625||£125||£250||£95||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||£1,144|
|Up to £250K||£675||£135||£250||£135||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||£1,244|
|Up to £350K||£750||£150||£250||£135||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||£1,334|
|Up to £500K||£850||£170||£250||£270||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||£1,589|
|For purchases over £500K please call for a quote||£250||£270 to £455||£30||£7||£12 (inc VAT)||Variable|
All matters will attract an administration charge to cover Digital Storage Costs of £10 + VAT
Supplemental charges that may apply LMS Mortgage Fee £12 Dependent on the nature and complexity of your transaction other charges may apply or we may need to undertake work to be charged on an hourly rate which we will advise you of in advance. Examples of transactions that will attract supplemental charges are leasehold properties; unregistered land; new build properties and properties being bought under the government help to buy scheme. Please call and speak to a member of the team for a tailored quote and they will be happy to answer any queries you may have.
|Loan Amount||Our Fee||VAT @20%||Search fees/insurance (approx.)||Land Registry Fee||OCE||TT fee||OS1 & K16||Total|
|Up to £250K||£350||£70||£250||£40||£6||£30 (inc VAT)||£7||£753|
|Over £250K||£500||£100||£250||£60||£6||£30 (inc VAT)||£7||£953|
Equity Release/Life Time Mortgage