Catherine Gatenby - Senior Solicitor
Catherine is a solicitor who specialises in all aspects of family law. She first qualified as a barrister, being called to the Bar in 2003, before achieving dual-qualification as a solicitor in 2006. She is a member of Resolution and accredited by the Law Society as a member of the Children Panel.
Catherine specialises in:
- Financial settlements including cases involving farming and business interests.
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements.
- Cohabitation issues.
- Cases involving children, from day to day living and contact arrangements to cases involving complex issues which involve safeguarding and welfare concerns and cases where social services are involved.
- Representing grandparents and other family members to preserve and protect their relationship with children.
- Cases involving the removal of children from the jurisdiction.
- Cases involving injunctions to protect clients and their children.
Catherine is based in the Darlington office but regularly sees clients at other offices including Richmond, Stokesley and Northallerton.