Employment Law changes from April 2015 - holiday pay & shared parental leave
Newtons Solicitors are delighted to invite you to a free breakfast seminar to update employers on two hot topics in employment law, holiday pay and shared parental leave.
The seminar will guide employers through recent changes to the law and provide advice on practical steps to reduce the costs and financial risk to your business.
Harrogate seminar: Tuesday 17 March, Pavilions of Harrogate at the Great Yorkshire Showground
York seminar: Thursday 19 March, Forest Business Park, just off the A19 south of York
Timing: 8:00am – 10.00am
Refreshments: Complimentary tea, coffee and bacon sandwiches will be provided
Recent cases have made clear that employers must calculate holiday pay to include commission, bonuses, compulsory and voluntary overtime and payments relating to their professional and personal status. We will look at:
* How to decide which staff are affected;
* Whether you are at risk of costly claims for backdated holiday pay;
* Circumstances which would limit an employee´s right to claim backdated pay; and
* How to calculate holiday pay in the future.
Shared parental leave (SPL)
New rights apply to parents of babies due on or after 5 April 2015. Parents will gain the right to share up to a maximum of 50 weeks´ leave and 37 weeks´ statutory pay between them. We will look at:
* What is SPL?
* Which employees qualify for it?
* When and how SPL and pay can be taken
* How should employees request SPL and how should you respond?
Tiggy Clifford and Malcolm Jones will provide clear, practical advice to HR professionals, Finance Directors, business owners and any other managers who need to be familiar with employment legislation and best practice.
We look forward to seeing you.